Thursday, November 01, 2007

interesting development

As some of you may know, I play 12tables at a time.
Why 12tables? Well, because it's the maximum allowed at pokerstars.
The cap is in place so people don't slow down the games too much.

Well, as of this morning, the cap has been extended to TWENTY FOUR tables.

wowwaweewa

24 tables is just insane... I don't think I could play well on that many tables. 16-18, I can see myself doing though.

So this development has me questioning what my plans are for next year. I could stay at 1-2NL and grind out 150,000hands a month (If I can comfortably play 18 tables, this is only 30hrs/week) and essentially guarantee myself $100,000 net profit for '08. If I run good it could even be closer to $200,000.

OR do I cut down on tables so I can concentrate, move up, improve, and try to make it to high stakes NL games where I could conceivably be having $50k+ months.

Basically, do I play it safe, or do I shoot for stars?

4 comments:

thaREALdmoney said...

That is sick. 24 tables.

I would say do in between. for the next month or so move up to the 400 games and keep playing 12 tables. (Maybe 6x 1/2 and 6x2/4) Then after you are comfortable playing those games just full time 2/4.

dankind said...

Or do both. Play couple weekw 1-2NL and next week high stakes NL and alternate! If you're comfortable with higher stakes slowly eliminate 1-2NL from your rotation?

the_main said...

I don't think it would be wise to 12 table anything higher than 2/4. The players are alot better and would probably exploit me. But right now I'm mixing in the better 2/4 games with my standard 1/2 games.

The value in playing 150k hands comes from the supernova elite bonus I'd make at the end of the year. It would be a year long commitment, and would be tough to try to find a balance imo.

------ said...

I think it depends on what you think you have to gain. If you feel that you are no longer learning and growing as a player at 1/2, then maybe it makes sense to move up. However, if you think that there is still a lot that you can learn from 1/2 and you can guarantee yourself a take in 100 - 200K range, that seems like a pretty good deal.

Above the learning factor, I think you should do what you will enjoy most, being rich and having stability or potentially being really rich and on the edge.