Monday, March 26, 2007

why neteller, why?

In a recent move, Neteller has decided to cease all transactions to and from online gambling companies for all of its canadian customers. This is coming after already shuttin out the US. I really don't understand why they are doing this, especially because the canadian government has yet to show any opposiition to online gambling.

Here's a link to a FAQ that addresses a few of the issues:
http://content.neteller.com/content/en/member_businessupdate_canada.htm

This is going to be the biggest hassle to deal with, espeically with me being in asia, and all my accounts being canadian. Oh and of course, the games will undoubtedly suffer in the short run (at least).

Ah poker... don't die on me yet. :(

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you're in Korea, can't you just set up a Korean bank account and then just do a transfer there? Then just repatriate the funds. There's got to be a citi bank no?

Miron

Anonymous said...

hey i have a question for you...
if you are holding a small pp and a all suited flop gives you trips how many outs do you count. Just curious I count 8 and 11 if the turn is a blank.

Anonymous said...

meant 7 and 10 not 8 and 11

the_main said...

Outs vs. what?

Vs. a made flush(with no straight flush possibilities), you have 2 to quads and 6 to boat. If turn doesnt pair the board, you have 3 new outs.

I find it easier to work in precentages... If you have top set vs. flush on flop, you have ~35% equity.

Anonymous said...

ya man im goin thru the same thing.. being in korea it is a hassle... i only play the sites that uses moneybookers.com now
because moneybookers.com allows me to send the money directly to my korean bank account just like the neteller EFT transfer.. but yah of course international fee is kinda big compare to neteller's free EFT... :(

Anonymous said...

dude, move to bodog already.

the_main said...

I'm just going to have pokerstars send me cheuques to my parents house, and have my lovely mother deposit them for me in my canadian bank. I'll just have to keep a bigger bankroll online, and stay strictly on stars (which was essentially my plan for the year).